Center for Veterans
American GI Forum’s Heroes Lodge Center for Veterans will offer services including job counseling, employment services, chemical dependency counseling, daily meal service, discharge upgrades, and community reintegration programs.
- Heroes Lodge amenities include clubhouse, pools, physical therapy center education and training center, park space, computer labs, game/crafts room, meeting rooms and restaurant.
- Heroes Lodge Project is an 18-acre complex to be located on Burleson Road in east Austin; near the Austin VA Veterans Outreach Clinic, Texas Veterans Commission, Veterans Administration, and the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Heroes Lodge will consist of one- and two-bedroom affordable housing units exclusively for Veterans. Heroes Lodge uses affordable housing guidelines established by HUD/VASH, preferred by city housing authorities and local non-profits that service Veterans.
- Heroes Lodge will have a state-of-the art conference center, and separate education and training center to advocate for Veterans: jobs, training, education, housing options, PTSD, mental health, women and family counseling services
• Full-service staffing agency is located onsite and works closely with our education and training center. Our “Education and Training Center” will start with classes in multi-media, social media, IT management, real estate, insurance, health services, construction applications and office professional software systems.
• Heroes Lodge will have monthly job fairs with permanent local corporate and small business vendor participation.
• PTSD/Mental Health counseling center available 7 days a week. 24 hour professionally trained crises management, suicide prevention and intervention. With access to our Network of other community health facilities throughout Texas that service Veterans.
• Heroes Lodge is groundbreaking for our organization; every service and benefit a Veteran could want or need, will be conveniently located within our interactive network. Our friendly Veteran staff will assist Veterans through every step of the process; from benefits to employment to home ownership and the parts in between.
Heroes Lodge can set an example of how the community can help its local Veterans secure permanent housing, counseling education and job opportunities. Community partnerships and donations to Heroes Lodge Project.
General donations are used 100% for program services directly helping the veterans, homeless, disabled, and family participants served by the Heroes Lodge. All gifts are acknowledged by correspondence confirming your donation is eligible as a tax-deductible contribution. Donors will remain confidential unless they specifically authorize the use of their identity in connection with the donation. General donations are assigned by senior staff of the organization to the programs most in need at the time of the donation.
Heroes Lodge Project, Inc.
American GI Forum of Austin Project
1000 Brazos Street, Suite 200
Mon – Fri : 10am – 6pm
Sat and Sun : Closed